Nutrition in pancreatic diseases in women and men requires selectivity and approach. Pathologies of the digestive system, namely diseases of the pancreas and liver, require a sparing diet. The fifth table is an ideal method for treating and restoring lost organ function. Modern medicine is represented by a complex of therapeutic, diagnostic, preventive and other areas, knowledge and theory, whose main goal is not only therapy but also prevention of many diseases known to mankind.
Diet for the pancreas and stomach: features
People who have ever encountered complex treatment for acute and / or chronic inflammation know that their doctor prescribes a certain diet. Especially often used pancreatic diet No. 5, the most gentle and acceptable for pathologies of the digestive tract. The main task of the diet is to spare the liver as much as possible, with a complete healthy diet and normalization of the system of bile flow from the body. Medicine considers the fifth table as the most chemically loyal nutritious food.
The fifth pancreatic diet is not only a set of acceptable foods to use, but also recommended cooking methods that are most suitable for people with the following conditions:
- Inflammatory processes of the liver parenchyma and liver ducts.
- Developed liver cirrhosis in the absence of acute disturbance of physiological processes.
- Biliary dysfunction and various pathologies of the gallbladder.
- Acute, chronic cholecystitis during therapy and rehabilitation.
- Intestinal obstruction, which occurs against the background of the above pathologies.
It is very important to know what you can eat or not, how to cook so that the dishes are not only healthy but also delicious, aesthetically pleasing and appetizing.
Diet for the pancreas: what can you eat?
First of all, you need to clearly define the set of products that will fill the diet basket. It is important to carefully compose the menu for the week, taking into account all factors and respecting the variety.
The general characteristics of the diet are as follows:
- The level of protein and carbohydrate balance is within normal limits. Reduce the fat content of the menu.
- Heat treatment includes cooking and baking, sometimes stewing is allowed. The vegetables are rubbed and the meat is crushed.
- The fifth diet is characterized by temperature norms, hot and cold dishes are not recommended.
- Products containing purines and oxalic acid should be avoided.
The dietitian removes from the menu the category of inflatable foods containing coarse fibrous elements, rich in extractives that stimulate secretory functions. The recipes allow you to diversify the table under one condition - it is imperative to reduce the salt content and you should not use hot and spicy spices at all.
What you can eat in pancreatic diseases: rules
All rules must be strictly followed and your meals will be healthy and delicious:
- Light vegetable soups, low-fat meat and poultry, lightly dried rye bread, dairy products and baked omelets with vegetables, salads, cereals and fruit desserts prepared by the technology provide a huge range of opportunities forcreating a varied menu.
- It is especially important to follow the rules for patients diagnosed with pancreatitis and other concomitant diseases of the digestive system.
- In addition to the peculiarities of preparation and the necessary set of foods, it is very important to follow a loyal lifestyle.
- You need to distribute food intake up to six times a day to minimize physical activity for adults and children, they should offer more relaxed games and activities.
- For adults and children it is necessary to maintain a rest after a meal, an afternoon nap is recommended to improve digestion.
Pancreatic Diet: Menu of the Week
Despite the rather serious limitations, the fifth type of diet food is healthy, effective and has a natural taste. For beginners, several standard daily menus can be offered as a basis. The diet with a diseased pancreas requires extreme discipline and adherence to a temporary diet, there is breakfast, lunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner.
Diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Steamed meatballs, semolina porridge and tea.
- An apple and a handful of dried fruit.
- Light vegetable soup, roll with lean meat, drink or compote.
- Rosehip drink with homemade breadcrumbs.
- Beetroot and tea cutlets with cookies.
Second menu, fifth meal for pancreatic diseases:
- Low-fat cottage cheese, sour cream, a little honey, oatmeal cooked in water and tea.
- Baked apple with honey.
- Mixed vegetable soup with vegetable oil, boiled chicken with rice and milk sauce. Compote.
- A glass of rosehip decoction.
- Piece of boiled fish in white sauce with vegetables. Garnish - mashed potatoes, herbal tea with cottage cheese in the oven.
- A glass of fermented low-fat dairy product overnight.
Pancreas: diet, recipes
The diet is characterized by a variety of techniques and with a little imagination the patient can quickly appreciate the pleasures of the menu. Not only the list of foods, but the use and combination of processing techniques make this diet widely popular for a variety of purposes. Initially, the complex developed by the doctor was considered an extremely therapeutic diet. Today it is a wonderful tool for those people who want to deal with extra pounds.
- Vegetable soup is prepared for 1 liter of vegetable broth, with the addition of cereals - rice, buckwheat or oatmeal. The dressing, which includes 1 onion, tomato, 2 carrots, flour, is dried in a dry pan.
- Vegetarian soup of pickles, borscht or light cabbage, prepared on the basis of 1-1, 5 liters of potato broth, cabbage, dressing roasted in a pan, chopped onions, 2-3 tomatoes, 1 carrot and flour, approach significantlyvariety to approximate menus.
- 0, 5 - 0, 8 kg lean chicken or turkey, beef, young lean lamb, rabbit, sliced or whole piece, boiled in 1, 5 liters of water, lightly salted, then roast for 25- 30 minutes.
- 0, 5 kg of pulp from low-fat varieties of marine fish, ground or processed to the carcass stage, lightly salted and also cooked for 20 minutes. or bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Patients diagnosed with gastroduodenitis, an inflammation of the lining of the pyloric stomach and duodenum, should eat extremely dry rye bread, biscuits and dry lean biscuits.
Non-sour raw, cooked or baked fruits and berries are recommended. Shown are dried fruits, apples baked with honey, the use of stewed fruit, jelly, jelly, mousse, where the sugar is partially replaced. Xylitol or its sorbitol analogue is used.
Diet of the pancreas: acute pancreatitis
Treatment of an acute attack of pancreatitis begins with a two-day rescue fast. During this period it is allowed to drink only concentrated decoctions, weakly brewed teas without sugar and water, including mineral water. The food is delivered mainly through droppers.
After three days from the moment of the attack, the gradual introduction of products begins. Foods enriched with carbohydrates are served in liquid form. It is forbidden to add salt and spices to it. Meals are mandatory in part, ie from 5 to 7 meals a day.
The list of drinks is expanding to fruit drinks, cranberries and cranberries, decoctions of rose hips and blackcurrants, freshly squeezed fruit juices diluted with water are especially popular. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters a day, except for soups.
From the fifth day, the diet of the pancreas becomes higher in calories, about 700 calories, of which 15 grams are protein (vegetable and dairy), and 180 grams are carbohydrates. Fat is absolutely taboo.
One week after the attack, the diet for pancreatic diseases increases to 1000 calories, with a mandatory rate of 50 grams of protein, 250 grams of carbohydrates and 10 grams of fat.
Pancreatic Diet: Menu of the Day
Approximate menu for pancreatitis for the day looks like this:
- The first breakfastcan be presented as a porridge of rice or semolina water. Fresh apple, mashed. Tea with a little sugar.
- For lunchit is recommended to serve mashed carrots or potatoes. You can add about 50 grams of meat or fish (low-fat varieties). Then you can drink a sweetened decoction of rose hips.
- Lunchmust include the so-called vegetarian broth, ie made on vegetables without added meat (125 ml). A little mashed potatoes with boiled beef or lean fish are served separately. It is also recommended to eat apple puree in this meal.
- For afternoon breakfastnutritionists recommend 55 grams of cottage cheese with a minimum percentage of fat and tea.
- For dinnerbuckwheat, brewed to a viscous consistency and tea, to which you can add up to 1 tbsp natural honey.
- Before going to beddrink 1 cup of 250 ml of yogurt.
After two weeks of attack, increase the protein content to 60 grams, fat to 20 grams and carbohydrates to 300 grams. Salt also remains banned and unwanted. The preferred consistency of the food is pureed. The portions are small and regular, at approximately equal intervals.
After twenty days, the rate of protein, fat and carbohydrates increases again and is now 100, 40 and 450 grams, respectively. The food is sparing. Products that have the property of irritating the mucous membranes and stimulating effect on the production of gastric juice are not allowed for consumption, as this may be the cause of flatulence.
What you can eat when your pancreas hurts: recommended meals
For greater clarity, we list the dishes that make up the diet of patients with inflamed pancreas. And although at first glance it seems that the food is strict, tender and modest, in reality it can be not only delicious but also varied.
The first courses can be:
- Soup with rice and vegetable puree;
- Slimy rice soup;
- mashed potato soup;
- oatmeal soup;
- Soup of grated rice from cereals, prepared in milk;
- Herculean soup with milk;
- Pearl barley soup.
For the latter, recipes like:
- cooked lean meat like beef stroganoff;
- beef souffle;
- meat puree;
- steamed bread;
- steamed meatballs from lean meat;
- boiled beef with exquisite white sauce;
- steamed fish souffle;
- fish cakes or steamed dumplings;
- steamed cottage cheese souffle;
- Fresh cottage cheese;
- steam protein omelet;
- Zucchini or carrot souffle;
- Buckwheat porridge with a viscous consistency;
- Oatmeal puree in milk;
- Vermicelli cooked in milk;
- Oven casserole with cottage cheese and noodles;
- Meat noodle pudding.
Drinks are presented from fruit decoctions and especially from rose hips, jelly, apple mousse, freshly prepared juices diluted with water, lightly brewed tea.
Gastroenterologists recommend drinking fermented dairy products before bed, such as yogurt or low-fat kefir, as well as products that have a laxative effect on the digestive system: carrot or pumpkin juice, boiled or fresh prunes, etc.
Bread, fatty and fried foods, smoked meats, meat or fish broths, marinated products remain prohibited. Excluded are those that have a high percentage of fat, such as cream and sour cream. Radishes, onions, radishes and garlic, which are known for their pungent odor and bright taste, are undesirable. The main condition is the rejection of alcoholic beverages.
Adhering to this diet for six months after acute inflammation of the pancreas, a significant restoration of organ function can be expected. Willpower and discipline directly affect the success of recovery. Any deviation from the doctor's prescriptions can lead to new attacks and a sharp deterioration in health. It is worth using a little of what is forbidden and all previous efforts will disappear.
Pancreatic Diet 5: Chronic Pancreatitis
In older women, the question often arises as to whether hormonal drugs can be taken and whether they are compatible with the pancreas. According to doctors, disorders of the digestive system are not among the contraindications, which means that the agent will not have an irritating effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
The general principles of the diet in chronic pancreatitis are to increase the amount of protein consumed in the diet, while reducing the amount of fat, sugars and carbohydrates. Fatty and fried foods, foods fortified with crude fiber and essential oils remain banned. It is recommended to eat foods rich in vitamins.
The diet is still partial, there are five to six meals a day, the portions are small.
Diet for pancreatic pain: menu for the day
- For the first breakfast, they eat some low-fat cooked meat, milk porridge and lightly brewed tea, preferably without sugar.
- The second breakfast can be an omelet of steamed proteins and a decoction of rose hips. It is permissible to sweeten it a little with honey or sugar, but do not get carried away with it.
- For lunch, it is recommended to eat soup prepared in vegetable broth, with the addition of chopped vegetables (carrots, potatoes, zucchini, etc. ). For example, boiled beef can be used to make beef stroganoff, which is served with a little mashed potatoes. Homemade compote made from chopped dried fruits to complete the meal.
- Milk tea and calcium-enriched cottage cheese are an excellent breakfast for those with chronic inflammation of the pancreas.
- For dinner, nutritionists recommend carrot puree with boiled low-fat fish and milk tea.
- Before going to bed a glass of fermented dairy products, such as kefir, is a must.
Diet for pancreatic diseases: recommendations and products
Among the permitted soups for chronic pancreatitis are the so-called vegetarian, ie prepared without the participation of meat or fish, exclusively on vegetables such as pumpkin, zucchini, potatoes, carrots. It is permissible to add cereals (oatmeal, buckwheat or semolina) and noodles.
Lean poultry and meat include rabbit, turkey, beef and beef. It is imperative to first clean the skin of the game and the meat from fat and tendons, which will make the meat greasy. It is allowed to boil meat or steam it. Cut into pieces and rub to make souffle, mashed potatoes, cutlets or dumplings. Lean fish can be boiled in pieces.
Fermented dairy products are selected according to the criterion of low fat. Allowed non-sour cottage cheese, pudding, baked in the oven or slow cooker, yogurt, such as yogurt or kefir. But sour cream and sour cream are quite greasy, so they can only be added to dishes, but not eaten ready-made. If your doctor approves of the presence of cheese in your diet, choose one with less fat and no spices.
As for the eggs, the yolks are still cautious. Their daily norm does not exceed half a boiled yolk and only as a component of each dish. But the proteins of a few eggs will make an excellent omelet that will be useful for an inflamed pancreas.
Among the cereals, the preferred porridges with semi-viscous consistency are preferred: buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal and rice, which are flooded with milk and water in a ratio of 1: 1 during cooking. You can also make delicious puddings or cereal casserole dishes. Add vermicelli and pasta.
Prolonged remission drinks include lightly brewed tea with a slice of lemon and a little sugar. If desired, a little milk can be added. Juices are allowed only at home, as they do not contain inherent preservatives, flavors and additives. Freshly squeezed juices are diluted with water to reduce the concentration of acidity. Adding sugar is not recommended. When cooking compotes, fruits, berries and dried fruits are rubbed.
Baked apples are the healthiest fresh fruit. Fruits and berries must be ripe and soft to the touch and not sour in taste.
Despite the fact that compared to the diet for acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammation is known from a wide range of acceptable foods, rich meat and fish broths remain banned. Mushrooms, spicy and smoked foods, pickles, pickles, fatty and fried snacks are not allowed to be included in the diet. Sausages, sausages, legumes, canned food - all this is also taboo. Vegetables such as garlic, cabbage, radishes, turnips, cucumbers and rutabagas are left out, despite established remission. Soda, muffins, hard cheeses, uncrushed fruits and vegetables, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, ice cream, cocoa, peppers and mustard are added to the banned list.
In general, the fifth diet is considered the most gentle for patients with pathologies of the digestive system. The ease of cooking and the range of permitted products make the diet extremely popular not only for gastroenterologists, but also for anyone who wants to lose weight.