It is quite possible to lose weight simply, quickly and deliciously if you find the watermelon diet. Watermelon is rich in vitamins and seems to benefit only the body. But whether this is really the case is still worth finding out. Such a diet has its advantages and pitfalls, and in order not to face them, you must approach the issue responsibly, then you will not have to save yourself from more serious health problems instead of extra pounds.
Principles of watermelon with watermelon
On the one hand, the principle of the watermelon diet is simple - to exclude everything from the diet except watermelon and lose weight. By eating one of these berries, you can really get the result.
But how positive it will be depends on several factors:
- The diet is carried out during the watermelon season - in August-September. If you get carried away at another time, you can "eat" nitrates and get to the hospital.
- When choosing a berry, give preference to small or medium-sized fruits, without dents or cracks.
- If a mono diet is chosen, it lasts no more than 3-5 days. Watermelon is nutritious and contains vitamins, but not enough to completely replace a complete diet.
- The long watermelon diet should be accompanied by other foods: unsweetened fruits, vegetables, cereals, lean meat, fish, low-fat dairy products.
- The outcome of the diet is gradual, with daily addition of other foods, according to the principle: from lighter to heavier. It is important to monitor calorie intake and food intake. The sharp load on the body will reduce all efforts to nothing and the body will be happy to stock up on additional reserves for the future. This will immediately affect the rapid return of lost weight.
- Before you cut the watermelon, rinse it well, this will help avoid intestinal infection.
Following the rules, on a watermelon diet you can lose 3 kg or more in a few days. But it must be understood that initially this will not be a loss of body fat. In the first days of the diet, excess water stagnant in the cells leaves the body, and with it the toxic substances. Often such congestion provokes a slowdown in metabolism and weight gain.
Features of the watermelon diet
The watermelon diet for weight loss is one of the relatively light ones. The sweetness of the berry and the high water content in it will allow you not to feel hungry, even if all three days the menu has only watermelon.
But the main feature is the ability not only to lose extra pounds in a short period. During the diet, excess fluids, toxins and toxins are removed from the body, the concentration of bad cholesterol decreases. There is a restart of metabolic processes, the work of the digestive system and kidneys improves.
Pay attention!If during the diet you feel unwell, exacerbation of chronic diseases, it is better to abandon the diet and see a doctor.
For effective weight loss you need to consider some of the characteristics of the watermelon diet:
- For starters, avoid salty and sweet foods and snacks, do not eat fatty foods and do not give up alcohol.
- For a long watermelon diet, make a menu to avoid the simultaneous intake of cheese, fermented dairy products and eggs with fruit. This combination can cause fermentation in the gastrointestinal tract with all its consequences: bloating, flatulence and stool disorders.
- It is better if you prepare for the diet in advance: 3-4 days before the start, enter the watermelon in the menu, gradually increasing the portion, remove from the diet other foods, starting with heavier.
- The watermelon diet lasts no more than 10-14 days. This time, following all the rules, it is enough to lose up to 6 kg. If a repeat course is needed, it is recommended that you take it no earlier than a month later.
Benefits of the watermelon diet
The main benefit of the watermelon diet lies in the properties of the watermelon itself or rather in its composition:
- Water - stimulates metabolic processes, improves bile flow, normalizes the work of the urinary system, thus eliminating puffiness.
- Fructose - gives energy and tones, helps relieve fatigue.
- Vitamins and minerals - watermelon contains vitamins A, C, E, PP, B vitamins, mineral salts, iron, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. This composition allows you to normalize sleep, fight chronic fatigue, help stabilize blood pressure, relieve muscle cramps and tingling in them.
- Pectins - cleanse blood vessels, lower cholesterol levels and normalize the cardiovascular system.
- Antioxidants (lycopene, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin) - increase immunity, reduce the risk of developing cancer cells, have a positive effect on the hormonal system and improve heart function.
Such a complex of useful substances will help not only in the fight against obesity, but also to improve health.
The fact of low calorie watermelon is also important - only30-40 Kcalper 100 g of cellulose.
Contraindications to the watermelon diet
Despite the rich and healthy composition of the berry, the watermelon diet has a number of contraindications.
It's best to opt out when:
- kidney disease: they may not be able to cope with a lot of fluids;
- presence of sand and stones in the gallbladder and kidneys;
- diabetes mellitus;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- diseases of the digestive tract;
- for allergies.
Even if you are completely confident in your health, it is important to monitor your feelings during the diet. If you feel bad, pain from the strict regime, it is better to immediately refuse and consult a doctor for advice.
Disadvantages of the watermelon diet
Before you start a watermelon diet for weight loss, you need to consider its shortcomings. In some cases, they may outweigh the benefits of the beneficial properties of the berry.
Among the minor shortcomings are:
- Seasonality.Healthy and affordable watermelons are sold only in late summer and early fall.
- The diet is best done while you are on vacation.The diuretic effect will create significant discomfort during work. More serious shortcomings can lead to more serious consequences than problems with excess weight.
- Watermelon has a high glycemic index (GI).Such foods lead to spikes in blood sugar and deposition of calories in fat deposits.
- The caloric content of watermelon is low, but it is easy to be fooled by it.If you expect 1 kg of watermelon to reach 10 kg of body weight, then you can even exceed the calories per day. For example, weighing 70 kg, the norm for eating fruit on a mono diet will be 7 kg. It turns out: 7 x 10 x 35 = 2450 Kcal. At the same time, the norm with a sedentary lifestyle for a 30-year-old woman with a height of 170 and a weight of 70 kg is 2100 kcal per day. Therefore, there is a risk of gaining even more weight.
- Restart.There is a risk of nitrate overload and hospitalization with severe poisoning.
- Diseases.Severe monodiet can cause malaise and fatigue due to lack of trace elements that watermelon does not contain.
- Stomach problems.The abrupt transition from a normal diet to the consumption of large amounts of watermelon can provoke problems with the gastrointestinal tract in the form of disorder, constipation, bloating and exacerbation of the disease.
Watermelon with watermelon options
You can come up with a lot of watermelon diets, diversify them in some way, but there are often only three options.
Monodiet of watermelons
The monodiet of watermelons is a diet based on one product, ie in this case in the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a certain period only watermelon is indicated. Additional water and green tea without sugar are allowed.
Despite the health benefits of watermelon, a monodiet on it is considered a solid diet that limits the intake of all the nutrients a person needs. It is used more as an unloading food for no more than one to three days. Sometimes it is extended to five days. It is not recommended to last longer, as due to the lack of essential trace elements, health can seriously deteriorate.
The advantage of the diet is the ability to cleanse the body and remove excess stagnant fluid in the body, eliminate puffiness.
Minus: 2-3 kg will disappear, but this will not be the consumption of body fat. The weight will decrease due to the same excess water that is excreted from the body, after a few days everything will come back.
The mono diet is best used as a fasting day before switching to a basic long-term diet or proper nutrition. For one day this will not cause harm and the body will help to restart.
Not a single watermelon
In this version, 2 slices of rye bread - watermelon are added to the main dish for each breakfast. The diet is not much different from the previous one. The only thing that makes it different is that the feeling of satiety that bread gives will help you stretch it for a week. This is where the pros end: during such a detoxification of watermelon, the body still lacks vitamins.
In principle, on such a diet you can lose up to 7 kg per week, but there is a "BUT". If you calculate the total number of calories per watermelon, calculated for one diet day, and the same bread, then this amount will significantly exceed the recommended calorie intake for weight loss.
Light diet for 7-10 days
Light diet for 7-10 days with a balanced menu. In addition to watermelon, the diet contains vegetables, unsweetened fruits, small amounts of grains and protein products. But it is important that the calories for each dish are strictly calculated, and the portion size does not exceed the recommended and no supplements are required. The diet is designed for 10 days, easy to maintain.
The best option for natural weight loss: the body gets everything it needs, the diet is easily tolerated.
During such a diet you can lose up to 6 kg.
The advantage of the diet will be the ability to exercise physically, which will help burn fat and gradually develop the habit of eating properly.
Weekly watermelon watermelon menu
The watermelon watermelon menu for the week can be something similar.
- Breakfast:oatmeal in milk, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + feta + basil, seasoned with olive oil.
- Breakfast:rice porridge, tomato and a glass of juice.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + boiled chicken fillet + low-fat cheese, season with olive oil, add pumpkin seeds as desired.
- Breakfast:buckwheat porridge with prunes, unsweetened tea.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + tomato + cucumber + vegetables. Season with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Breakfast:brown rice with boiled beef, a glass of juice.
- Lunch:boiled beef and berry cocktail.
- Breakfast:muesli in water, a glass of juice.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + melon + unsweetened grapes + plums + walnuts. Season with lemon juice.
- Breakfast:buckwheat with boiled chicken, pomegranate juice
- Lunch:watermelon and boiled chicken fillet.
- Breakfast:low-fat casserole, unsweetened tea.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + chicken fillet + prunes + nuts. Season with vegetable oil.
- Dinner: watermelon.
In addition to the main food, it is recommended to consume low-fat kefir or yogurt with bran or flax seeds half an hour before bedtime.
Discontinue the watermelon diet
Leaving the watermelon diet should not be abrupt.
The basic rules will be for everyone:
- do not load the digestive system with fatty and fried foods, at least the first 3-5 days;
- Divide the daily ration into 5-6 meals and small portions;
- other dishes are added according to the principle: from simple to complex.
After a diet it is advisable to reorganize to a proper diet, then the result achieved in a week will not only be fixed, but will last a long time.
Watermelon diet: reviews of nutritionists
Let's take a closer look at the reviews of nutritionists about the effectiveness of the watermelon diet.
"I do not advise you to" prescribe "not only watermelon, but also other diets. Each organism has individual characteristics. And what has helped one person can seriously harm another. Therefore, it can not be donewithout consultation. The specialist will choose a diet suitable for each individual. In addition, modern research shows that starvation diets do not give the desired effect at all, and a properly formed diet is much more useful. "
"I can't say anything good about a diet based only on watermelons: despite the benefits of vitamins, the amount of watermelon eaten or rather the sugars it contains will have a negative impact on health. First, the pounds of such a small amount of light carbohydrates will not disappear, and secondly, due to the high glycemic index, you can provoke a rise in blood sugar. "